November 02, 2022
🍵 2 mins to read (suggested)
I have published on a range of topics, including linked open data, museums. archaeology, heritage and computer science. All my publications are available on request if they are not open access or in the public domain, please just ask.
- Pett, D., Cooper, C., Glen, A.L., Pitkin, M. & Wexler, J, (2022) "Fad Touch" in Visual Heritage: Digital Reproduction and Contextualisation in Heritage Science (Chapman, H., Ch"ng, E, Gaffney, V. & Wilson A. Eds) Springer Visual Heritage Review DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-77028-0_21
- Pett, D. (2022) "Transcending the walls of the museum. A digital revolution?" in Oxford Handbook of Museums (Stevenson, A. (ed)) Oxford University Press
- Pett, D. (in prep) "Digital Humanities and The British Museum: A Short Lived Experiment" in TBC
- Bonacchi, C, Bevan, A., Keinan, A., Pett, D.E.J. & Wexler, J. (2019) "Participation in heritage crowdsourcing" in Museum Management and Curatorship Volume 34 DOI: 10.1080/09647775.2018.1559080
- Richardson, L-J., Law, M., Andrew Dufton, J.A., Kate Ellenberger, K., Eve, S., Goskar, T., Jessica Ogden, J., Pett, D. & Andrew Reinhard, A. (2018) "Day of Archaeology 2011–2017: Global Community, Public Engagement, and Digital Practice" in Internet Archaeology DOI: 10.11141/ia. 47.10
- Pett, D.E.J. (2018) "The Treasure Act and Portable Antiquities Scheme in England and Wales" in Key Concepts in Public Archaeology (Moshenska, G. Ed) DOI: 10.2307/j.ctt1vxm8r7.12
- Pett, D.E.J. (2017) "The concept of "anyone" is key to the discussion of 3D production" in British Art Studies Issue 6 DOI: 10.17658/issn.2058-5462/issue-06/conversation/005
- Pett, D.E.J. (2018) "A new dimension in home shopping" British Museum Blog
- A Jeffs, F Insh, EH Matthes, T Flynn, D Pett, T Ayers (2017) "Disciplining the Digital: Virtual 3D Reproduction, Pilgrim Badges, and the Stuff of Art History" British Art Studies
- Pett, D.E.J. (2015) "Numismatics, Computers and the Internet: A survey" in "A survey of Numismatic research"
- Bonacchi, C., Pett, D.E.J., Bevan, A. & Keinan-Schoonbaert, A. (2015) "Experiments in Crowd- funding Community Archaeology" in Journal of Community Archaeology Volume 2. DOI: 10.1179/2051819615Z.00000000041
- Wexler, J., Bevan, A., Bonacchi, C., Keinan-Schoonbaert, A., Pett, D. & Wilkin, N. (2015) "Collective Re-Excavation and Lost Media from the Last Century of British Prehistoric Studies" in Journal of Contemporary Archaeology DOI: 10.1558/jca.v2i1.27124
- Bevan, A., Pett, D., Bonacchi, C., Keinan-Schoonbaert, A., Lombraña González, D., Sparks, R., Wexler, J., & Wilkin, N. (2014). Citizen archaeologists. Online collaborative research about the human past. Human Computation, 1(2). 10.15346/hc.v1i2.9
- Keinan-Schoonbaert, A, Bonacchi, C, Wexler, J., Wilkin, N., Sparks, R., Pett, D. and Bevan, A. (2014) "MicroPasts - An Innovative Place for Progressing Research" British Archaeology 139: 50-55 Council for British Archaeology
- Pett, D., Bonacchi, J. & Bevan A. (2014) "Mixing contributions, collaborations and co-creation: participatory archaeology through crowd-sourcing." Digital Humanities 2014
- Bonacchi C., Bevan A., Pett D., Keinan-Schoonbaert A. (2014) Developing 'crowd and community fuelled archaeological research': methodological, technical and ethical challenges in Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference on Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology, CAA 2014
- Pett, D. (2012) "Use of social media within the British Museum and the museum sector" in Bonacchi, C. (ed) "Archaeology and digital communication: Towards strategies of public engagement" London: Archetype pp 83-102"
- Pett, D. (2010) "The Portable Antiquities Scheme’s database: Its development for research since 1998" in Worrell, S. (ed) "A Decade of Discovery" BAR
- S Moorhead, R Bland, D Pett (2010) "Hoarding in Ancient Britain" Current Archaeology 12-15
- Pett, D.E.J. (2010) "Distributing the Wealth: Digital knowledge transfer for Numismatics" in Cook, B. (ed) "The British Museum and the Future of Numismatics" pp71-80